(Сообщение закроется через 2 секунды)

> Talks in English, Практика общения на Английском
MaxBlack
сообщение 16.5.2010, 0:47
Сообщение #21

Форуман

Из: :εN
Спасибо сказали: 215 раз(а)

Spy, I have to admit your english skill is quite impressive )

Цитата(spу @ 15.5.2010, 4:40) *
Frankly, this is my case exactly - I learned English in chatrooms. I figured this one simple rule: the more you talk the more you learn, with little to no regard to your initial skill. That's why I always advise "talk" before everything else. IRC did a great job for me (I had even become a moderator and then a full-blown netadmin after three weeks of talking on an average network - something to show off tongue.gif), so you can follow my steps: learn some more about IRC, learn about different networks, join a few, find interesting channels and talk! I'm dead sure everyone of you will do great at learning English this way if you find an interesting and friendly IRC community and talk there daily.

In some respect you are right, but one shall not forget, that there are lots of people, who make mistakes, often intentionally, like using some sort of "leet" language (if you know what I mean) in chats. So if you try to study english online with some unknown people you better be carefull not to learn too much crap. )

P.S. The other story I was to tell is about biking Moscow ) Last monday I had a ride with my friend. We had a trip from Orekhovo to Moscow center, had a really great time) It was hard for me, 'cos basiсly it was my first time))

Сообщение отредактировал Oin - 16.5.2010, 0:47

+Цитировать сообщение
spy
сообщение 16.5.2010, 5:02
Сообщение #22

Психопат
Иконка группы

Спасибо сказали: 264 раз(а)

Цитата(Oin @ 16.5.2010, 1:47) *
Spy, I have to admit your english skill is quite impressive )
Thank you! I'm doing my best.

In some respect you are right, but one shall not forget, that there are lots of people, who make mistakes, often intentionally, like using some sort of "leet" language (if you know what I mean) in chats. So if you try to study english online with some unknown people you better be carefull not to learn too much crap. )
Yeah, it happens, but it's not a problem at all for a person with common sense. For example, one would acknowledge "preved", but wouldn't use it in their speech according to their sense of what's appropriate. We are young adults after all, and teenagers no more, so we tend to care for our manners a bit more now, don't we?

P.S. The other story I was to tell is about biking Moscow ) Last monday I had a ride with my friend. We had a trip from Orekhovo to Moscow center, had a really great time) It was hard for me, 'cos basiсly it was my first time))
Bike as in MTB or motorcycle?

+Цитировать сообщение
MaxBlack
сообщение 16.5.2010, 9:44
Сообщение #23

Форуман

Цитата(spу @ 16.5.2010, 6:02) *
Yeah, it happens, but it's not a problem at all for a person with common sense. For example, one would acknowledge "preved", but wouldn't use it in their speech according to their sense of what's appropriate. We are young adults after all, and teenagers no more, so we tend to care for our manners a bit more now, don't we?

Hmmm, that's not quite what I ment. In case of "preved", you do know your language, you do know how to say it right, and you have a choice to speak "padonkafsky" or to speak normal common language. And when you attemting to learn foreign language, you might not be able to see the difference between for example "what's up" and "wussup", some people do not even know, that this is the same thing. So yeah, basic english knowledge should help in distinguishing what's right, but still that's a sharp edge. Anyway, I do not say - stop trying to learn english with online chats, just be carefull doing so)

Цитата(spу @ 16.5.2010, 6:02) *
Bike as in MTB or motorcycle?

Mountain Bike)

Сообщение отредактировал Oin - 16.5.2010, 9:45

+Цитировать сообщение
spy
сообщение 20.5.2010, 7:36
Сообщение #24

Психопат
Иконка группы

Цитата(Oin @ 16.5.2010, 10:44) *
Mountain Bike)
That's MTB, you know. Cool. Do you plan to ride any extreme discipline like dirt, street or freeride, or just ride "normally"? As a former BMX dirt jumper myself, I can't imagine riding MTB any way other than extreme. I really love dirt jumping, and am considering buying (assembling from separately bought components) a simple hardtail for it and come back to extreme sports. And, for plans for more distant future, get myself an expensive full suspension bike (with a frame from Intense, Brooklyn Machine Works or maybe Nicolai) fly over to mountains once or twice a year and go downhill, freeride and north shore. It was an amazing dream from my teenage BMX time, now to become quite an achievable goal.

Note for everyone
Having such a skill in English, I am willing to help anyone with real time talking in my own spare time. If you want to chat in English, then you are welcome to go ICQ or Jabber with me. UIN 345164395, JID rohypnol@jabber.org. Feel free to add me. smile.gif

Сообщение отредактировал spу - 20.5.2010, 7:37

+Цитировать сообщение
MaxBlack
сообщение 21.5.2010, 14:25
Сообщение #25

Форуман

Цитата(spу @ 20.5.2010, 8:36) *
Цитата(Oin @ 16.5.2010, 10:44) *
Mountain Bike)
That's MTB, you know.

Yeah, I know)
Цитата(spу @ 20.5.2010, 8:36) *
Cool. Do you plan to ride any extreme discipline like dirt, street or freeride, or just ride "normally"? As a former BMX dirt jumper myself, I can't imagine riding MTB any way other than extreme. I really love dirt jumping, and am considering buying (assembling from separately bought components) a simple hardtail for it and come back to extreme sports. And, for plans for more distant future, get myself an expensive full suspension bike (with a frame from Intense, Brooklyn Machine Works or maybe Nicolai) fly over to mountains once or twice a year and go downhill, freeride and north shore. It was an amazing dream from my teenage BMX time, now to become quite an achievable goal.

No, I'm more like "normal" traveler rider) I'm not very good at extreme sports, though I like to watch people making various extreme stuff. I even would try by myself, but as an exception. Generally I like to simply ride across the city, watch around, make some picnick-like stops)

BTW, at last I passed english exam, got A)

+Цитировать сообщение
spy
сообщение 29.5.2010, 3:20
Сообщение #26

Психопат
Иконка группы

Meh, too bad this thread didn't go as good as I wanted. Guess I should pay more attention from now on and try to revive it.

Цитата(Oin @ 21.5.2010, 15:25) *
No, I'm more like "normal" traveler rider) I'm not very good at extreme sports, though I like to watch people making various extreme stuff. I even would try by myself, but as an exception. Generally I like to simply ride across the city, watch around, make some picnick-like stops)
I think this is how it will be for me too should I come back to riding, disregarding whatever I wrote above. With all due respect to extreme sports, I don't think I will be doing it again, for I have enough risk in my life.

C'mon guys, there are many things we can talk about. Sports, computers, lifestyle, music, drink, girls (!) and whatever else you come up with.

+Цитировать сообщение
Portishead
сообщение 29.5.2010, 4:17
Сообщение #27

Форуман

Из: Silicon Valley.
Спасибо сказали: 465 раз(а)

morning.
i read all this thread,but write is nothing... cock it know-)

Сообщение отредактировал Sutter_Cane - 29.5.2010, 4:17

--------------------
All the leaves are brown,and the sky is grey,I've been for a walk,on a winter's day...

+Цитировать сообщение
spy
сообщение 29.5.2010, 13:52
Сообщение #28

Психопат
Иконка группы

You could try at least.

+Цитировать сообщение
MaxBlack
сообщение 11.6.2010, 14:51
Сообщение #29

Форуман

lol. "Cock it know" at first confused me, but after literal translation it made me laugh)

I had few crazy weeks, so I kinda forgot about this thread. It is sad, that almost no new posts were written here, and single new person, who attemt to write here have nothing to say.

Does anybody know any fitness clubs in Orechovo, were I can visit Gym with coaching? Or maybe not in Orechovo exactly, but any net-Gyms with professianal people and fair prices?

Let's talk about girls))

+Цитировать сообщение
Falcon
сообщение 11.6.2010, 15:11
Сообщение #30

Местный

Из: Город-герой Москва! Орнет
Спасибо сказали: 31 раз(а)

2 Oin
Explain me pls "Cock it know" - for me it's not co clear in literal meaning smile.gif
Regarding Gym - there is only one more or less normal club - Vympel. It placed at the end of Kashirska near building 148. Of course if we are speaking about big club with coaches.

--------------------
Это все потому, что я до чужого добра жадный!

+Цитировать сообщение
Кашалот
сообщение 11.6.2010, 15:27
Сообщение #31

Форуман
Иконка группы

Из: Сокольники
Спасибо сказали: 1995 раз(а)

Цитата
Explain me pls "Cock it know"

I think, it means "prick knows it" biggrin.gif...if i am not mistaken...

+Цитировать сообщение
MaxBlack
сообщение 11.6.2010, 15:32
Сообщение #32

Форуман

More like "Dick knows it" or "Penis knows it" ))
@Falcon, yeah that what I ment, thanx)

+Цитировать сообщение
Portishead
сообщение 11.6.2010, 15:36
Сообщение #33

Форуман

Из: Silicon Valley.
Спасибо сказали: 465 раз(а)

russian obscene expression at English style biggrin.gif

--------------------
All the leaves are brown,and the sky is grey,I've been for a walk,on a winter's day...

+Цитировать сообщение
Идунн
сообщение 24.6.2010, 14:47
Сообщение #34

Из: Королев
Спасибо сказали: 0 раз(а)

Hi guys,

let's not speak about girls because there is one here now. Let me introduce myself:

I'm Tanya, I am 18 years old and study at Moscow State Linguistic University. I will become a sociologist, oh yeah =) I also study English and German, like travelling, reading so much and of course I like watching movies - I have seen many many of them.

I am having exams now and finishing my 2 term.

About books: I read several books in English, for example, Alice in Wonderland, something by Jane Osten, Steven King and others. I really tried to read Harry Potter but it was too difficult for me cause her language... is awful, something like Lev Tolstoy with his eternal retreats if you understand me.

So... How are you, guys?

+Цитировать сообщение
I_feel_good
сообщение 27.6.2010, 0:53
Сообщение #35

Привыкающий

Спасибо сказали: 15 раз(а)

Цитата(Идунн @ 24.6.2010, 15:47) *
So... How are you, guys?

Hi, Tanya!
Welcome to our small and cosy thread =)

Guys, Tanya, let me share my joy with you. Next week I'm going to New Zealand as a support software engineer lead. It's a greate opportunity to practice my written (lots of emails) and spoken English because nobody speaks Russian there =). I can't believe this is true, it's awesome.

Tanya, you've said you are fond of travelling. What country do you like the most and why?

Guys, your thoughts about the country of your choice are welcome too.

+Цитировать сообщение
Koini
сообщение 27.6.2010, 15:25
Сообщение #36

Местный

Из: Default City
Спасибо сказали: 43 раз(а)

Heya everybody. I'm thinking, that it's good idea, but i badly speak eng.

But i can say any words about myself....

I'm Sly or Foxy, dont use real name, 22 years old. I'm furry male fox.

I like english language and Canada :-P

--------------------
We are Furry Представитель NekoNET, немного пуссортю

+Цитировать сообщение
Persiles
сообщение 27.6.2010, 22:23
Сообщение #37

Постоянный посетитель

Спасибо сказали: 10 раз(а)

Companions, can go to you on foreign forums and there comprehend culture of language together with local natives?

Сообщение отредактировал Scaramouche - 27.6.2010, 22:24

+Цитировать сообщение
kerk
сообщение 3.8.2010, 23:19
Сообщение #38

Опытный

Из: КОНЬКОВО
Спасибо сказали: 32 раз(а)

Let me try...
Hello! My name is Vladimir! I was born in 1975 in the USSR.
London is the capital of Great...... oooooooooooopppppps. thats enough smile.gif

so have anyone any minds when it will be more comfortable ( I mean weather )
38 degrees it's so much. I'm hiding

--------------------
Хороший секс снимает стресс, качает пресс, снижает вес!

+Цитировать сообщение
spy
сообщение 9.8.2010, 1:14
Сообщение #39

Психопат
Иконка группы

I think it should get somewhat better (around 30 degrees Celsius) in a week or two.

Цитата
so have anyone any minds when it will be more comfortable ( I mean weather )
Let me fix a bunch of mistakes for you, so that you can learn from them. This is how you should've written that question: "So, does anyone have any ideas about when [...]?" What you meant there is either "idea" or "thought", but certainly not "mind". As a noun, "mind" means "разум".

Цитата(SlyFoxy @ 27.6.2010, 16:25) *
I'm furry male fox.
Brutal!

+Цитировать сообщение
Koini
сообщение 10.8.2010, 0:17
Сообщение #40

Местный

Из: Default City
Спасибо сказали: 43 раз(а)

Цитата(spy @ 1.1.1731, 0:0) *
Brutal!

Why? Maybe u not understand me ? Cuze , Furry is a subculture.
Furry is anthro animals :-P

--------------------
We are Furry Представитель NekoNET, немного пуссортю

+Цитировать сообщение

5 страниц V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Ответить в данную темуНачать новую тему