(Сообщение закроется через 2 секунды)

> Talks in English, Практика общения на Английском
Stripwalker
сообщение 5.1.2011, 21:00
Сообщение #61

Из: Москва
Спасибо сказали: 0 раз(а)

Цитата(BasicXP @ 5.1.2011, 18:49) *
Sweden is great, I advise you to visit it someday.

Well, maybe someday... Mmm, I've visited some countries in my life. Of course, resort-countries like Egypt and Turkey (I don't count Ukraine - I think most of us have been there one time). In 1997 I've been to Canarian Islands, my parents won this trip at lottery, It was wonderful! It was my first trip abroad. We've been at Tenerife Island. I've such a great impressions about this trip...
In 1999 I've been to Hungary. My parents and I rode there... on car. Almost 3 days riding. We've lived near Balaton lake, Shiofok village. We've walking around Budapest, and it was so great))
When I was working in tourist agency, I'd a chance to trip in some kind of advertizing round - managers travel around some countries, visit sights, hotels etc. - in order to declamate about all this things to their potentional clients. I was lucky to visit Netherlands (Holland), Belgium and France. It was awesome))) for that I've been there without parents or any parent person - all alone))))
Maybe whenever I would be able to visit something else. But now I limit myself by visiting only St.Petersburg, Volgograd, Perm, or resort-cities of our country (like Sochi).

Цитата(MaxBlack @ 5.1.2011, 19:46) *
Well, the hobbies I wrote were more like an example(and some of the things I like) )) So you like to read and game, ok) I like PC and console games too)

What games do you play? What wrighters do you like? What kind of books do you like? Genre?))
I liked to play games when my little brother wanted me to do it) From childhood I liked Dendy - we played it with my brother. Then some cool games on PC - DOOM, Quake, Lost Vikings, etc. Many, many good games.
When I'm single, I prefer playing MMORPG - but i've passed trough the time of addict, now I'm playing it quite seldom and for fun mostly.
And speaking about reading... I don't have much time for it now. But at school-time I've read many classic wrighters, ex. Duma, Gugo, O.Henry, Oscar Wild, Mark Twen, Stendal, - many, many, many... all classical European and American (and not only them) wrighters. Now I read mostly detectives or thrillers by Steven King)

--------------------
Аутотренинг: "Я спокойна - у меня тёплые ноги".

===На форуме пров.ру известна как Katuha===

+Цитировать сообщение
MaxBlack
сообщение 5.1.2011, 23:55
Сообщение #62

Форуман

Из: :εN
Спасибо сказали: 215 раз(а)

Цитата(Stripwalker @ 5.1.2011, 21:00) *
In 1999 I've been to Hungary. My parents and I rode there... on car. Almost 3 days riding. We've lived near Balaton lake, Shiofok village. We've walking around Budapest, and it was so great))
I was on vacation in Shiofok 5 or 6 years ago))) We had time there with my best friend)

Цитата(Stripwalker @ 5.1.2011, 21:00) *
What games do you play? What wrighters do you like? What kind of books do you like? Genre?))
I like all kind of games exept for sport sims maybe. Not addicted aswell, but sometimes I game with great pleasure)) Last time I played MMO was about 4 years ago and it was Lineage 2 )
I do not read that much, but sometimes it gets me) In december I read 7 books, and before it I havent read anything for about a year or so) Mostly I prefere fantasy and sci-fi) Less classics. I belive I have no favourite book, but one of the best I've ever read was "Ved'mak" by Sapkovsky)

Сообщение отредактировал MaxBlack - 5.1.2011, 23:56

+Цитировать сообщение
Zerr
сообщение 9.1.2011, 14:04
Сообщение #63

Опытный

Спасибо сказали: 12 раз(а)

Hi all
I'm Maxim and I'm alcoholic wink.gif
Glad to see everone here. It was hard to wrote something in this thread.
My English isn't good and I probably willn't get more than 3 points in exam like IELTS.
But I wasn't discouraged and continue to learn English.

Сообщение отредактировал Zerr - 9.1.2011, 14:07

+Цитировать сообщение
start_up
сообщение 29.1.2011, 14:07
Сообщение #64

Активист

Спасибо сказали: 91 раз(а)

hi

i see the topic is out of interest among netbynet forum users. so i would like to toss a little info to keep the topic alive.

a lot of russian people think they never ever need english. they go to nowhere.

so for those who go to nowhere and for those who do not want to go with them, these video lessons in english which describe about words come from. the lessons are presented by a cute russian girl Marina Orlova.

what she tells about herself: "My name is Marina Orlova and I am a philologist (one who studies linguistics and etymology). I love to discuss the origins of words."

a word nickname comes from video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofw0AuYwWqk...feature=channel

a word car comes from and about her first car moskvich 412 video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ6LCq6ttjQ

her channel hotforwords on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/hotforwords#g/u

nice, isnt it?

write, talk and communicate in english. do not be shy.

Сообщение отредактировал start_up - 29.1.2011, 14:28

--------------------
Have a nice one.

+Цитировать сообщение
spy
сообщение 6.2.2011, 2:34
Сообщение #65

Психопат
Иконка группы

Спасибо сказали: 264 раз(а)

Yeah, English is rather underestimated by russians.

Personally I would like English to become as much more incorporated into our daily life as possible, giving people a real rationale for learning it, and it indeed is happening to some extent—from time to time I notice English words, names and other elements gaining increasing use within our social environment. And naturally I meet more and more people capable of speaking rather fluently, even though a truly decent speaker is still rare to encounter.

Please remember: the best way to learn a language is to use it, no matter what kind of language that is (spoken or, say, programming one.) Having some basis from school, I advanced to this level of knowledge in several months literally, simply by spending a lot of time in an English IRC chatroom. So if you're looking for an ”express” English course, then find an Internet chatroom full of native speakers and try talking, do it the way you can, don't be shy to make mistakes (you always can excuse yourself, if you want.) And pay attention to what people say and how they do it—your visual memory will do you a big favor of remembering common words and phrases. Learn not only from books, but from knowledgeable people. And I assure you that really soon you'll find yourself making improvements (remembering words you never even tried to memorize, etc.) Chatrooms is a perfect choice, albeit requiring some basic knowledge, but that's what school English education is for.

I'm sad to find this topic not doing too well. Even at this rate of speaking, it is still profitable for everyone, so please feel free to throw the shyness away, if any, and engage in a conversation on whatever topic you see fit. All in all, this thread exists to help people, and it is foolish of you to miss such a good opportunity to boost your skill.

+Цитировать сообщение
start_up
сообщение 9.2.2011, 0:40
Сообщение #66

Активист

Спасибо сказали: 91 раз(а)

Цитата(spy @ 6.2.2011, 2:34) *
Yeah, English is rather underestimated by russians, to no avail.

Personally I would like English to become as much more incorporated into our daily life as possible,

spy

ок. let`s talk about. why do we need it for in our daily life? to read t-shirt tags in the store?
i guess it is a free discussion. so everybody invited.

p.s.

for those who is still shy. this mozilla firefox add-on will help you out.
and your homew smile.gif rk. watch the music movie clip englishman in new york

--------------------
Have a nice one.

+Цитировать сообщение
MaxBlack
сообщение 10.2.2011, 14:52
Сообщение #67

Форуман

Из: :εN
Спасибо сказали: 215 раз(а)

Цитата(spy @ 6.2.2011, 2:34) *
Chatrooms is a perfect choice, albeit requiring some basic knowledge, but that's what school English education is for.

Agreed. Still, if you want not only understand and write, but to speak, you need to speak. Cos even if your online chat skills are mad so to say, that doesn't mean you can speak in real life that fluently. But for vocabulary, for reading and writing chats are good. Ofcourse chatroom better include people, who speak correct english, not some CS kid-players, and 1337-fags, if you know what I mean.

So, ok, why do we need english in your daily life? I guess It is yet not that necessary for older people, and for people who don't have opprotunistic inspirations in their life, who live in apartment, have job of life etc. But if you are young, if you like to travel, knowing english eases your life in every aspect! You can speak it in any country you travel, cos english is the most widespread language in the world! You can watch movies with original sound track, you can read signes and newspapers in english (sometimes it is funny to fool people around, they instantly think you are a foreign). Knowing english it is much easier to find job!
Not to mention that if you know any foreign languge you automatically grow up in surrounding people estimations!

Сообщение отредактировал MaxBlack - 10.2.2011, 14:52

+Цитировать сообщение
kerk
сообщение 15.2.2011, 15:43
Сообщение #68

Опытный

Из: КОНЬКОВО
Спасибо сказали: 32 раз(а)

OHRENET sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

I used to think I know English.

--------------------
Хороший секс снимает стресс, качает пресс, снижает вес!

+Цитировать сообщение
coldsky
сообщение 26.5.2011, 17:57
Сообщение #69

Форуман

Из: г. Москва
Спасибо сказали: 354 раз(а)

Цитата(kerk @ 15.2.2011, 16:43) *

I think, that nobody from Russian people know English on 100%. smile.gif We can't know English better, than people, who talks on it from the born.

Сообщение отредактировал coldsky - 26.5.2011, 17:58

--------------------

+Цитировать сообщение
Опасный_Кот
сообщение 27.5.2011, 17:03
Сообщение #70

Авторитет

Из: РФ
Спасибо сказали: 77 раз(а)

Цитата(coldsky @ 26.5.2011, 18:57) *

I think, that nobody from Russian people know English on 100%. smile.gif We can't know English better, than people, who talks on it from the born.

I doubt...

--------------------
RENAME!
??????
PROFIT!!!!

+Цитировать сообщение
Михаил2011
сообщение 18.9.2011, 18:32
Сообщение #71

Спасибо сказали: 1 раз(а)

Цитата(DangerousCat @ 27.5.2011, 18:03) *

I doubt...

In America nobody knows english an excellent smile.gif

+Цитировать сообщение
Yod_Zelyonkov
сообщение 18.9.2011, 20:57
Сообщение #72

Постоянный посетитель

Из: где-то там за горизонтом
Спасибо сказали: 17 раз(а)

Цитата(BasicXP @ 15.10.2010, 16:49) *
Google Translate is based on user suggestions. Someone said that a Калина is a Mazda smile.gif

common! google better us knows, kalina - is not a trademark, lada is not a car biggrin.gif

OHRENET sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

u used to think u think english - this is knowledge by default. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
ITCN

+Цитировать сообщение
spy
сообщение 4.12.2011, 23:32
Сообщение #73

Психопат
Иконка группы

I shall object. Every fully sentient human being possesses roughly the same capacity for any spoken language whatsoever, regardless of their social or cultural heritage and circumstances. Showing off aside, I've been told many times by my american friends that my English skill is somewhat superior to one of an average american. I mastered it up to the point where the only difference between me and native speakers essentially narrows down to our vocabularies. That's it, your vocabulary becomes the sole thing lining you up upon surpassing the upper intermediate level. Thus working it out brings you to the level of native speakers, you only ought to keep speaking lest you forget anything. By the way, all of the commas you put in the quoted message are wrong, leave other mistakes alone. Both sentences should be written with no commas.

Ever since I gradually grew into an eloquent and «full-featured» instance of sociopathy, I abolished nearly all communications with old IRC friends. So in order to maintain my English ability I learned to think in English and worked it into a strong bound habit — it does the trick, and does just as good! You guys should try it too, of course. It is fun, and once it becomes a habit of its own, it will go off automatically with little to no mental effort from your part. A perfect excercise of a kind. You would usually want to start with looking around and naming whatever you see.

I used to think I knEw English.
You were obviously mistaken.

Цитата(Yod_Zelyonkov @ 18.9.2011, 21:57) *
google better us knows
You can't put it like this. The right phrasing would be: «Google knows better than us.»

+Цитировать сообщение
sunmoon
сообщение 5.12.2011, 1:15
Сообщение #74

Местный

Из: :акакaяразница
Спасибо сказали: 30 раз(а)

my knowledge of english is not bad enough so i can communicate, read manuals and even watch movies
but my vocabulary is so poor((( and grammar knowledge is worse than it should be((
tnx for the google translator plug-in and to grammar corrector in opera browser.

may be i should work hard to enlarge my lexicon etc, but i don't think that is the best way to spend time. foreigns who want to work and to communicate with me - they would not use such а sophisticated manner to explain themselves as does spy)) or they would offer me a translator

english is an international language but may be we should develop our own culture and society and there will be no need to master foreign languages up to the highest points? (today it is english, tomorrow it may be arabian or spanish or any other )
yeah it is so cool when you can go to the u.s. and get a good job but U can do the same things here in your own country.
but anyway - the process of studying is very good for the brain so i will keep going)

Сообщение отредактировал sunmoon - 5.12.2011, 1:18

+Цитировать сообщение
spy
сообщение 5.12.2011, 12:29
Сообщение #75

Психопат
Иконка группы

Knock off the underestimation. To tell you the least, being able to watch movies proves a rather high level of English knowledge. And so does your actual speech right up there.

+Цитировать сообщение
sunmoon
сообщение 11.12.2011, 0:53
Сообщение #76

Местный

Из: :акакaяразница
Спасибо сказали: 30 раз(а)

honestly in most cases i have to use english subtitles. and when i found new word i translate it and note somewhere, trying to remember the meaning
as a result there's a huge list of new words, it looks like nearly impossible to pick up all of them, but on the other side mind is unbounded, so...

+Цитировать сообщение
spy
сообщение 11.12.2011, 2:12
Сообщение #77

Психопат
Иконка группы

I do exactly the same — maintain a list of newly learnt words. Read the list, say, on a weekly basis, and you'll eventually memorize it whole.

+Цитировать сообщение
Mercilaud
сообщение 9.9.2013, 19:11
Сообщение #78

Местный

Спасибо сказали: 90 раз(а)

Recommend, please, a modern English book. Thanks.

+Цитировать сообщение
spy
сообщение 4.10.2013, 13:38
Сообщение #79

Психопат
Иконка группы

What exactly do you mean by “English book”: fiction written in English or an English textbook? I have no idea for the latter, but as for fiction—there is plenty: go pick any book from your nearest bookstore—it would work just as fine as following someone’s tip (given the vagueness of your inquiry.)

+Цитировать сообщение
Mercilaud
сообщение 4.10.2013, 18:37
Сообщение #80

Местный

Спасибо сказали: 90 раз(а)

I mean books with dialogs, I'll try to learn English this way.
Any genre of book, except science fiction and fantasy.

+Цитировать сообщение

5 страниц V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Ответить в данную темуНачать новую тему